When I was younger, I used to read a lot of books, in French first then in English. As time has passed I read less and less, especially in the last decade. Lack of time is maybe a reason, but also the difficulty and higher cost of books here in Thailand. Most of the books I was interested in were not available and I had to order them on Amazon.com.
Recently, I started to buy electronic versions of the books I want to read and this is a great solution. As I do not have a Kindle device I am using an application installed on my iPad, my MacBook and iMac. Buying Kindle iPad books is easy, convenient, fast and cheap. What I like the best is that I can continue my reading with whatever device I have available..
Compared to the traditional way to read books and the Kindle device, some people may ask: How is the iPad for reading books? Is it as good as a kindle and is the lighting ok? How is the glare? I can assure you that the lighting is great with no glare. You can choose to read your books on white, sepia and black background, resize fonts and adjust the brightness.
Kindle iPad vs Kindle
Using a Kindle iPad is great if you already have the device. If you do not have an iPad you may be better off to purchase a Kindle, which is cheaper and more appropriate if you only want a reading device and not all the other applications.
The advantages of a Kindle are:
Kindle — small, light, and fast
- Less than 6 ounces – lighter than a paperback, fits in your pocket
- New darker, hand-tuned fonts for easier reading
- Reads like paper with no glare, even in bright sunlight
- Download books in 60 seconds with built-in Wi-Fi
- Holds over 1,000 books – take your library wherever you go
- Massive book selection. Lowest prices. Over a million titles less than $9.99
- 180,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won’t find anywhere else, including books by best-selling authors such as Kurt Vonnegut
- Supports children’s books and includes new parental controls
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – with Amazon Prime, Kindle owners can choose from more than 270,000 books to borrow for free with no due dates, including over 100 current and former New York Times best sellers
Get your Kindle here: Kindle, 6″ E Ink Display, Wi-Fi – Includes Special Offers (Black)
If like me, you have not been reading books for a while, rediscover the pleasure to read with a Kindle or Kindle iPad.