I came across this video about the Science Of Persuasion on Youtube. This is an animation that explains in details how people can be persuaded to do certain things in an effective way.
Animation describing the Universal Principles of Persuasion based on the research of Dr. Robert Cialdini, Professor Emeritus of Psychology and Marketing, Arizona State University.
Dr. Robert Cialdini & Steve Martin are co-authors (together with Dr. Noah Goldstein) of the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Business Week International BestsellerYes! 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to be Persuasive.
Science Of Persuasion
Factors that influence us to say YES!
– Reciprocity: Obligation to GIVE when you RECEIVE
– Scarcity: People want MORE of those things there are LESS of
– Authority: People will follow CREDIBLE KNOWLEDGEABLE EXPERTS
– Consistency: Looking for, and asking for COMMITMENTS THAT CAN BE MADE
– Liking: 3 important Factors >> 1. People who are SIMILAR to us >> 2. People who pay us COMPLIMENTS >> 3. People who COOPERATE with us
– Consensus: People will look to the ACTIONS of OTHERS to determine their OWN